We’ve collaborated with the talented, Maddy Trueman to bring you a Meal Prep series. Each of these recipes has been designed to be functional for meal prepping, making it convenient to create nutritious and tasty meals even through those busy periods.
First up, Blender Banana Bread - an all time favourite done a little differently. This fool-proof banana bread is easy to make and uses only 10 simple ingredients. It is deliciously moist, high in protein, naturally gluten free, low in sugar and absolutely delicious. Simply blend the ingredients and pop it in the oven and forget about it. We hope this becomes a Sunday meal prep staple in your house for many years to come.
3 ripe bananas, plus one extra for decoration
2 free range eggs
1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup, plus extra for brushing 1/4 cup melted ghee, butter or coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
2 cups almond flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup hemp seeds, plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts, plus extra for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan forced. Grease and line a loaf tin.
2. Add bananas, eggs, honey, melted ghee and vanilla to a blender. Blend until smooth.
3. Add almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, cinnamon, hemp seeds and walnuts. Blend until just combined.
4. Pour mixture in to the loaf tin. Decorate with remaining banana, sliced lengthways. Sprinkle with additional hemp seeds and walnuts.
5. Bake for 60 - 75 minutes. Test the loaf is cooked through by inserting a skewer or sharp knife into the centre, if it comes out clean it is cooked. While the loaf is still hot, brush the top with honey or maple syrup. Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing and slicing. Enjoy!
To make this loaf dairy free, use coconut oil in this recipe. This bread will last for up to 5 days refrigerated in an airtight container, or up to 3 months in the freezer. We recommend slicing the loaf before storing.
See more from Maddy:
GET IN TOUCH
instagram | @maddytrueman